No matter how you ended up on our page, we're glad that you found us! We're grateful for the opportunity to share about who we are and what we're all about.
Travis Ave CM is the college ministry of Travis Avenue Baptist Church
The mission of Travis Avenue is to know, follow & share Jesus Christ.
We do this in two key environments:
Community Groups & CM Morning Gathering
Be sure to connect with us at our 10:45am worship service in the sanctuary; you'll want to stick around afterwards as members of our team would love to meet you and send you home with a gift.
Thanks again for stopping by, we hope to meet you soon!
For more information about the college ministry of Travis Avenue, please contact us.
Campus-based Community Groups are a great place to develop authentic relationships with fellow students as well as strengthen your relationship with Jesus. Get more info about your campus-based group by contacting the leader below!
TCU // Tuesday's @ 7pm
Leaders: Michelle Prokof & Daniel Fletcher
Location: Spitzer's House (2 min walk from the BLUU)
Leader Contact Info: Michelle (email@example.com) Daniel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
TCU // Wednesday's @ 8pm
Leaders: Alex Sborov & An Nguyen
Location: Grandmarc Apts
Leader Contact Info: Alex (email@example.com) An (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SW College & TCC // Thursday's @ 7pm
Leaders: Bruce Tekell, Kaleigh Syler & Samya Freire
Location: Southwestern - Student Village Apartments
Leader Contact Info: Bruce (email@example.com) Kaleigh (firstname.lastname@example.org) Samya (email@example.com)
Our CM Morning Gathering is the perfect scenario for all students who affiliate with the 'morning crowd'. We gather at 9:15am in the Student Center for coffee & Gospel-centered teaching that's focused on equipping college students to leverage their platform for His purpose.
The Student Center at Travis Avenue is the stand alone building that's located at the corner of Berry & Hemphill...you can't miss it!
SIGN UP HERE: http://bit.ly/2fGwoVA
Beach Reach is our annual spring break mission trip that takes place in Panama City Beach, Florida. Each spring break, over 300,000 college students flood the city of PCB in an effort to escape their syllabus and all the stress a semester can bring. It’s our goal to meet these students in some surprising ways and point them towards Jesus through acts of service (i.e. free van rides & free pancake breakfasts) and Gospel conversations.
Throughout the week, you will enjoy insightful teaching and worship from some of the best leaders in college and young adult ministry. Worship + Word, the beach, free van rides & free pancake breakfasts will make this a spring break you will never forget!
March 10 - 17, 2017
· $50 deposit due asap! (this is what secures your spot)
· If paying by check, simply write out the check to Travis Avenue Baptist Church with "Beach Reach" in the memo line along with your first & last name.
(1) Reserve your spot by submitting a $50.00 (non-refundable) deposit.
(2) Complete the Travis Avenue mission trip application. You can pick up a copy on any Sunday.
(3) Submit your final payment prior to Friday, Jan. 13.
(4) Save the Date! Our entire Beach Reach team must be present for a one-time gathering held on Sunday, February 12 @ 12pm -2:00pm.
(5) Want to get a head start? Memorize the following verses prior to our meeting on February 12: Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:1, Romans 5:8, Romans 10:9
(6) Begin praying! Pray individually, pray with friends, begin asking people to partner with you in prayer both prior to the trip and during the time we'll be in Panama City Beach!
· Laguna Beach Christian Retreat Center in Panama City Beach, FL (20016 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413)
· Beach Front Housing & good food!
· Bible, Pen & Journal: You will be given a couple of Bibles to give away to students you meet on the van rides. You’ll also need to bring your own.
· Luggage: You are allowed to take ONE suitcase & ONE carry-on (be conservative in your packing!)
· Clothing: Modest attire. The weather will be beautiful, note that it can get cooler at night. (there are laundry facilities where we are staying…bring your quarters)
· Beach Towel & Bath Towel
· Bedding: Sleeping bag and/or twin sheets & pillow
Money for Meals
You’ll need money for a maximum of 10 meals; this includes our travel to/from PCB. ($100 is a good amount)
Departure time is 6pm on Friday, March 10
We will drive to Baton Rouge, LA and stay overnight
We will depart Baton Rouge on Saturday, March 11 at 7:30am and arrive in Panama City Beach, FL at 4:30pm
Both teams will arrive back in the Fort around midnight the following Friday (March 17)